Monday, December 16, 2013

a peek at my tree.

Last night my mom my boyfriend and I went to my house for dinner and I helped my mom set up the Christmas Tree. Usually my little brother is there too but he decided to stay at school longer after finals so he isn't home yet. My mom didn't want to wait any longer so we decorated it on our own. Our Christmas tree is full of tradition and one of our traditions is that we keep all of our old ornaments. There are ones that range from the year I was born all the way to ones that we got last year. I love that it is eclectic and that each ornament has a story. I hope that when I have children we have a tree like that. While I do love how perfect some trees look with matching ornaments and color schemes, I love the chaos and originality that our tree has. I picked some of my favorite ornaments and made this pic stitch last night.

 In the top corner is me when I was in second grade...check out those bangs. :P Below that is an ornament from my college. GO COUGS! The seasame street ornament is one that has been on the tree as long as I can remember. I think that it was my older brothers. My mom tried to not put it on the tree this year but I objected, it's a classic! The bottom right is a santa buried in sand which my dad gave me last year. It has the name of the town on the shore in NJ where he lives. I go visit him every summer, that is my happy place. Lastly is the big heart ornament in memory of my stepdad who died two years ago. I miss him every day and I am thankful that we have that ornament so that he is part of our christmas. He was my father for 10 years and had a really big impact on my life. 

I hope that you have as much fun decorating your tree as I do! 9 days until Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment