Friday, December 20, 2013

one year ago.

one year ago was my last day of student teaching. look at me now, with my own classroom, surviving, and working with the most amazing kids.

i am blessed.

the fact that i have survived the past 4 months amazes me. i have learned so much about myself and what i am capable of. i love being a teacher. i love greeting my students at the door at the beginning of each class period. i love when their faces light up because they are excited to tell me a story. i love when they finally understand something and it clicks.

it hasn't always been easy, i have the kids who are disrespectful, rude, and disengaged but i don't let them get me down. i kill them with kindness, greet them with a smile every day, and hope that this wil be the day they change their attitude. it's tough, but so worth it.

i am so excited to see what the next 6 months have in store for me.

for now, 2 weeks of relaxation, family time, boyfriend time, and enjoying the season. i am looking forward to this break so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment