Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Influence.

Today we had a day at school without kids for professional development. We all came into the day curious since they didn't tell us what we were going to be learning about. It ended up being all about character development and servant leadership (something out school is founded on) and it was a really wonderful day.

I wanted to share what I thought was possibly the best part of the day. We were discussing leadership and the definition 'Leadership is influence, nothing more, nothing less.' Individually we were asked to write down the top 15 people who we think had the biggest influence on the world. After we wrote out lists we shared them with the table, guess who everyone except one person had at the top of their lists....Jesus! I was so excited and encouraged by this fact. Even though I know that some of them may or may not be believers, it was refreshing to actually hear that name being talked about in school. Being a public teacher you can't be open about religion but there are so many times that I wish I could. We ended up making it a survey of all 100+ teachers at the training and almost 90% of them agreed that Jesus was the person with the biggest influence on the world. This made my heart happy.

Jesus has had such an influence on every single one of us. He came for us, he lived for us, he died for us. Nobody else can love us as much as he does. Knowing that most of my coworkers believe the same thing makes me even happier with the place that I work and was definitely the highlight of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment