Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: Food Tasting

We went to taste the food for our venue yesterday and it was a lot of fun. My fiance and I brought my mom since she is so generously paying for the reception. I love going to my venue because it always makes me even more excited for the big day. We are down to 30 DAYS!!! 

Food tasting was what my fiance was looking forward to the most in the whole wedding planning process. He was able to get half of the day off to join my mom and I. They brought the food our family style so we could all try everything, here's what we had! 
 Carved tri-tip with au jus and roasted potatoes.

Chicken with a honey dijon glaze and mixed vegetables. 

Classic Caesar Salad

 Some fancy salad that I didn't try because there was too much stuff I couldn't identify. haha.  

I didn't get pictures of the appetizers but we will be having BBQ meatballs, chicken skewers, and bruschetta. Plus for dessert, cupcake and a cookie bar. For some reason I don't think anyone will be going home hungry. 

What were you or your fiance looking forward to the most?

Linking up! 
BorrowedHeaven

8 comments:

  1. We didn't go to a private food tasting but our venue was having a tasting for the public so we went! I didn't have to ask my fiance twice about coming - I think he was dressed and waiting in the car before I was done getting ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting so close!! All of the food looks amazing. We also had a cookie bar along with cake, everyone loved it! There was also chocolate, strawberry and regular milk..some people may have opted for rum chatta instead of milk though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm! We loved your food tasting. All of this looks amazing, and now I'm starving lol. Thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our food tasting was amazing too...we went to 3 places and it was so fun. Eric loved it best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our food tasting was amazing too...we went to 3 places and it was so fun. Eric loved it best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your appetizer choices! There's something for everyone. Enjoy this next month.. it's going to go by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All that food looks delish! BBQ meatballs sound amazing! Enjoy the last month of planning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food looks amazing. Especially the first dish with the mushrooms - delicious. As for the salad. What was it you couldn't identify? Everything on there looks pretty common, tomatoes, onions, leaves, cabbage. I would have avoided it because it was a salad though, so I'm one to talk! I have to admit tasting the food for my upcoming wedding was a highlight too.

    Teri Harris @ Caiger And Co Catering

    ReplyDelete