Sunday, January 3, 2016

Cozy Winter Break Reading.

One of my favorite things about winter break is having time to read. I have spent a ton of time reading this winter break and I wanted to share some of the books that I read. 

Finding Our Balance
I am a gymnastics super fan and this is a book written by a fellow gym fan who I follow on twitter. It follows three girls training for the Olympics. It's fitting since the Olympics are this coming year and I follow all of the gymnasts on social media and love seeing their preparations. This is a young adult book for the language and some content but I give it a 5/5.

What She Left Behind
This was our book club book for this month and it was AMAZING. I didn't know what to expect and it totally blew my expectations. It goes back and forth between two characters, Clara and Izzy. Clara is sent to an insane asylum by her father in the 1930's and it follows her time there. Izzy is a foster child who is helping her foster mom, a museum curator, go through belongings of patients at the now abandoned asylum. I highly recommend this book, not only is there some fascinating historical information but there are also great characters and a plot that keeps you guessing.

Quaker Summer
This book was a Christmas gift with one of my friends. It is about a woman on her journey to find her purpose and get closer to God. It examines quite a few big questions that I think many people ask themselves. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I enjoyed it. It is part of a series called 'Women of Faith' and I'm looking forward to reading more. 

Have you read anything good lately? 

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, adding What She Left Behind to my to-read list right now! THat sounds awesome!! Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete