Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Wedding Wednesday: Reception Details

It's finally time to start talking about our reception. Our reception was such a blast, I loved every minute. I'm going to talk today about the room in general and some of the details. 

Decor 
I wanted my wedding to be classy and with lots of sparkle! There was gorgeous draping and lights in the room already and that was something that totally sold me on the venue. I also convinced my mom to spend a ridiculous amount of money on chivari chairs and in my opinion, it was worth every penny for how beautiful it made it look. 

Centerpieces
Our decor package included the hurricane centerpieces, but my fiance didn't love them so we decided to also make our own centerpieces and have a mix of the two. I really did love the floating candles that my fiance convinced me to do so I think the money and work was worth it. 

I also made all of my own table numbers, lots of modge podge and glitter! Then I just added a few small plastic diamonds to add some color and texture to the table. 

Cookie Bar

My fiance loves cookies so I had to have a cookie bar. It doubled as a favor and everyone loved snacking on them throughout the night. We also had a lot leftover to take home with us. :) 

Cake

We went with the cake/cupcake combination and it was better than I ever imagined. My mom's friend did the baking and they were the best cupcakes I've had in my life. We have some leftover in the freezer at my mom's house and I take them out four months later and the are still just as delicious! Her husband made this cake stand and it totally blew my away. It was HUGE, the pictures don't do it justice. Also there we so much detail on all of the cupcakes which included glitter and pearls in my wedding colors. 

Sweetheart Table
We went pretty simple with our sweetheart table. We had the crystal toasting flutes that my mom gave us as an engagement gift, my bouquet, and a sparkly 'Mr. and Mrs.' sign that hung behind us. There was also a fake fireplace with uplighting in it which looked great in pictures. 

If you can't tell... I loved my reception details. I obsessed about them leading up to the wedding and it all ended up being so much better than I expected. One of the hardest parts about planning is not being able to see things completely set up and I could not have been happier with the final product. 

Linking up! 

Make.Up.HER

3 comments:

  1. Love the cookie bar! The reception looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the colors! You are totally right- the chivari chairs look amazing. I always wanted them but with over 200 guests, we couldn't make it happen, it worked out though because our wedding didn't really have gold or silver accents- they make the room for your though!! We also had a cookie bar, with 3 flavors of milk...unfortunately I didn't even get one haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so sophisticated and beautiful! I love the pops of blue. Now I am sooo hungry - those cookie and cupcake displays look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete