Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Believing God.

I was thrilled when I saw that Beth Moore was offering several of her e-books for free to download after the new year. I have been wanting to read some of her books and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. I started with Believing God and I feel like the beginning has been a little slow but I'm starting to get into it.

She tells readers to set a goal for themselves to try and achieve and I was inspired by some other bloggers and set my goal to be that I would make my quiet time in the morning instead of in the evening. I always get up with enough time so that I can have a half hour to myself in the morning while I'm eating breakfast to go on my computer and read blogs, look at facebook, and do a couple other things. I decided to devote this time to Christ for a week and see how it feels. I'm only one day in and I'm not going to lie, it's hard! I'm in such a habit of checking everything in the morning and it's hard to go 24 hours without going to some of these websites but thats okay! I love the challenge and I think that it's really building my spirit and making me realize what I need to crave, which is the Lord, not social media and people I don't even know. I've been missing out on using this time to connect with the greatest person of all, my Heavenly Father.

I'm thinking that I will probably make this last more than just a week but right now that is my challenge that I need to meet. I've also been thinking maybe I will have to get up 45 minutes earlier so I can have my devotional time and then still have computer time. We shall see, but for now, God first. As it should be. Always.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I struggle with the same thing-- I know I HAVE time in the morning...I just let it flitter away as I check up on all the random (unimportant) things!! I downloaded a bunch of the free Beth Moore books, too!!

    ReplyDelete