Friday, May 29, 2015

Five on Friday: Book Edition

A couple of months ago my best friend decided to start a book club. We've had two book clubs meetings alrady and are on our third. Since then I've also finished my masters and had more time so I can read for fun. It is one of my favorite things to do and I've been loving having a little time to myself. Here are five of the books I've read lately which are my current favorites! :)  

1. The Ice Princess
I just finished this one and it wasn't what I expected but I really enjoyed it. It was a murder mystery with a little bit of a love story set in Sweden. I highly recommend it! 

2. Half-Bad
This book is about witches and I did not enjoy it. I thought I would like it because I enjoy YA fiction but there were so many plot lines and they weren't very well developed, not a bit fan. 

3. The Girl on the Train
I know I'm a little late to this party, but this book is SO GOOD! It kept me guessing the entire time and I read it so fast because I wanted to know what happened. I was satisfied with the ending which made me happy because sometimes these types of books can leave you unsure of how to feel. 

4. The Husbands Secret
After hearing so much about this author I couldn't wait to read this book. It did not disappoint! It was another one that kept me guessing until the end, but I loved how all of the stories were intertwined and the seemingly perfect lives were incredibly imperfect. 

5. The Girls of Mischief Bay
I just started this book and I am really enjoying it. It's a perfect book as we get into summertime. It seems like a pretty light read so far, but we'll see what happens! 

One of the things I'm really looking forward to this summer is hopefully some more time to read! 


Linking up! 



1 comment:

  1. I am determined to read Girl on the Train this summer!! Maybe it'll be my beach book!

    ReplyDelete