Monday, May 4, 2015

Weekending: Commencement

This weekend was so much fun. It's always fun to be celebrated and honored, but the people in my life truly went above and beyond to make this weekend special for me. I don't think I really processed that it is an accomplishment to earn your Masters (or any degree) and every time someone said 'Congratulations' it caught me a little off guard because I just felt like I was doing what I was supposed to be doing. Either way, it was fun to be celebrated and I had a really awesome weekend. 

 The graduates had to get to the arena early to prepare for the ceremony so while I was bored I took some pictures of my regalia. Another tassel to add to my collection! 

At one point they told us to all take out our phones and take a graduation selfie. This was mine! :)  

I had a graduation party that night at my apartment and a bunch of my friends came over. One of the things I miss most about college is having a ton of people around all of the time, it was a fabulous night. 

On Sunday morning we had a graduation brunch at my mom's house. She made so much delicious food, had the cutest decorations, and we got to enjoy the beautiful weather on the deck. It was a perfect morning and continued celebration. My brother and his girlfriend came, plus my other brother was home from college with his girlfriend, so it was a full house. That rarely happens anymore so it was great to all be together. 

By the end of the weekend I had quite the collection of flowers. I may teach horticulture, but I'm not the best at keeping flowers alive. I spread them out around my apartment so here's to hoping they last at least a few days. 

I'm feeling recharged and ready for this week, let's hope it's another good one. I think there's only 6 weeks left of school...but who's counting. :P 

Linking up with Meghan! 


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your graduation! What an exciting accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete