Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: Getting Ready!

Here we go, finally getting to my wedding day! 

Getting ready was a really fun part of my day. One of my goals from the beginning of wedding planning was to make sure that I had plenty of time so that I could enjoy the entire morning and not be rushed or late for pictures. I had pictures scheduled starting at 1:30 at the venue (me getting dressed) so I wanted to go to the venue around 12:30 to double check all of the decor before I had to get dressed. 

So...my bridesmaids and I stayed in a hotel the night before my wedding. I slept with my maid of honor in one room and the other girls were across the hall. My best friend and I had some snuggles and chatted when we woke up before we started getting ready. 

We went to Starbucks to get the traditional 'Bride' and bridesmaids drinks and grabbed a light breakfast from our hotel. 

 When we got back, it wasn't long before the hair stylists arrived. I had a lot of drama with having a stylist, her moving unexpectedly and having another lady at the salon do my hair. Neither of my trials were exactly perfect for it gave me some anxiety. She also brought an assistant who worked on my bridesmaids. 

My hair took way longer than it was supposed to and when I got up and looked at it in the mirror, I hated it. Literally I wanted to cry. My mom and bridesmaids were all like, you look so pretty, its okay...but it was bad. There was no poof like there was supposed to be and it was so matted down with hairspray. It was nasty. I had to just hold it together and get my make up done because my make up artist was there waiting.


Finally, 4 hours later we were all ready. Thankfully my make up was amazing, I felt like a supermodel. That made up for me hating my hair and I tried to not let it get me down. We packed up our stuff and headed to the venue in our robes. We took this teaser picture for me to put on facebook, I'm a little obsessed with it. :) 

After I checked out everything in the venue, it was time to get dressed! My mom officially zipped me into my dress put it took all of my bridesmaids to get it all on right. There's a lot of poof! My bridesmaids were the best and kept the morning so fun and light hearted. They were constantly reassuring me, checking in on me, and making sure I was doing okay. I love them. 

Adding those finishing touches! We had a nice 'locker room' to get ready in at the country club. There was nobody else in there and plenty of space. We could also peek out of the windows as they set up the ceremony decor so that was fun. I also got to watch my future husband walk out to his spot for the first look before I went out. 

Next you'll get to see the first look! Writing this was so much fun, I love re-living the memories and all of the feelings I had on that day. 

Linking up! 
To Travel and Beyond

4 comments:

  1. LOVE your dress! I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked beautiful! And I am so glad you had your wonderful bridesmaids and mother to be there by your side the whole time! - Svetlana @Life With a Side of Wine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked gorgeous! I can't wait to share the special morning with my girlfriends and bridesmaids, I know to cherish that! What a cute robe pic too! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing!! I'm so sorry you had a bad experience with your hairstylist- I can understand, my make-up artist never showed up and it was crazy. But you can't tell at all because your hair looks great!! I can't wait to see the first look!

    ReplyDelete