Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: Rehearsal Dinner

Happy Wednesday!  Today we are taking a look at our rehearsal dinner. Since my fiance's family doesn't live anywhere near where we were getting married, my mom graciously hosted our rehearsal dinner. It was quite the large affair because I wanted to invite all of my family who traveled from the west coast. We also invited all of his family who traveled for the wedding. Add to that the bridal party and we had about 50 people at our rehearsal dinner, good thing my mom has a big backyard! 

I made this big sign to make sure everyone knew where they were going. 

Me && my beautiful bridesmaids. <3

We had italian food since that is easy for a large group. My mom and I prepped it all the day before so all we had to do on the day of the rehearsal was put it in the oven. Our menu included lasagna, chicken alfredo, meatballs, bowties, caesar salad, and rolls. There was so much food and it was all delicious. 

Some of my friends, plus yard games in the back. We played ladder ball and bocce ball. 

My cousins from New Jersey! There is one missing, hence the space, but it meant the world to me that almost my entire family flew across the country to be at my wedding. 
This is a re-creation of a picture that we took 16 years ago. 

It was such a special evening and the perfect start to my wedding weekend. Next week, we'll start getting to wedding pictures! :) 

Linking up! 
To Travel and Beyond

6 comments:

  1. Aww!! Everything looks so fun! That is awesome to have it in your mom's backyard. We had about 50 people and rented out a restaurant which was overwhelming. Luckily at the point dinner started I could have a few drinks ;) I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So low-key and fun! Love it! Menu sounds yummy! Can't wait to see some wedding pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're going to have around 40 at our rehearsal dinner next Friday so I'm glad yours went great with that many people. We're having ours at a brewery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great photo from 16 years ago, and how wonderful that so much of your family could make it. Italian food is my favorite for a big group, too, and it all looked so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun and relaxed rehearsal dinner - I love it! - Svetlana @Life With a Side of Wine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like so much fun =) Can't wait to see your wedding pics!

    ReplyDelete