Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Teaching Tuesday: Google Drive

I am starting my third year of teaching and I feel like I am finally getting a good feel for what I am doing. I am more comfortable in the classroom and in front of the kids. In no way am I an expert, but I am a lot more confident in myself and my instruction. 

I wanted to share something that has become a major timesaver for me as a teacher, and that is google drive. I used to plan my lessons at home and then bring them to school on a jump drive. That sounds great in theory, but then you have to always have the jump drive or stay late at school working on lesson plans. The solution, google drive! You can work on your powerpoint presentation or word documents from anywhere online. This is also awesome because during my planning period I am not able to be on my computer so I can access my documents from any computer in the school.

It also works well for students because they can work on group projects (such as powerpoint presentations) simultaneously. This gives each student more responsibility to be doing their part of the project since they can all work on it together. The students can also 'share' it with me so that I can monitor their work and leave comments as needed. 

Does anyone else use google drive in their classroom or workplace? I think it's such a time saver and as a teacher, I am always looking for those! 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Google drive!! My husband and I have a shared drive and use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so helpful! I've heard of Google drive but haven't ever used it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome - I will have to check this out!!

    ReplyDelete