Monday, September 28, 2015

Weekending: See ya, September!

Can anyone believe it was the last weekend of September? Holy moly, this year is flying!

Friday night I took some FFA students to a leadership camp. I was in charge of the group who was running it so it was a little stressful but it went really well. All of the students (about 60) seemed to have a great time and I had some quality time with the advisors. Sleeping in a cold cabin isn't my favorite, but we woke up to a beautiful sunny day so that was lovely.

That afternoon I went to a marching band competition with C. His group did awesome and he was super happy. I love music and marching band, so it was a lot of fun being at the competition. The first of many this year, you'll be seeing a common theme for my Saturdays until November. 

Sunday we went to the horse races with my mom and her boyfriend. It was a lot of fun and we all won! I left with like $30 more than I went with and my brothers girlfriend won $50 on a 10 cent bet, it was super exciting. We usually go a few times each year but this summer with the wedding we were so busy that we only went once. It was nice to go one more time before the season ends.

This week isn't too busy so I am looking forward to it. I need to start running because I'm supposed to be doing a 5k at the end of October. Let's see if I can find the motivation. 

Linking up with Meghan! 

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get motivated on your 5K training! Starting is the hardest part!! (I hav eto run on a treadmill and watch youtube videos or else I would never do it haha)
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great (and lucrative!) day at the races/ Good luck with your training :)

    ReplyDelete