Sunday, September 20, 2015

Year Three.

I started my third year of teaching and officially completed my first full week last week! I am teaching four periods of freshman Biology and one period of upperclassmen in Environmental Science.

I am really excited for this year because I want to be more dedicated to my teaching and focus on making my classroom more engaging. Last year I was working on my masters and planning a wedding on top of teaching and all of my duties as an FFA advisor so I was stretched pretty thin. This year I am married, my masters is complete, and I can focus purely on my teaching and FFA program.


I've already made a couple of changes and my biggest one was enforcing my cell phone rules. No phones in my classroom, period. Before the bell, in the last minutes of class, not at all. I was afraid of more push-back but so far the students have been respecting the rules. As long as I don't cave, I think it's going to be a great change. I want my students to interact with each other, as opposed to turning right to their phones when they have a few minutes to spare.

I haven't been on this blog often since the wedding, but I'm going to try and do better as well as start working on my Wedding Wednesdays to recap my special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment