Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: Hotel Bags

Happy Wednesday! One thing that I knew I wanted to do for my wedding was make hotel bags. When I went to my cousin's wedding in NJ we were welcomed with one when we checked in and I thought it was the cutest thing! I bought these navy bags on sale on black friday for like .25 each, score! I bought a roll of silver tulle at JoAnns to make bows and tie each bag closed. 

Buying personalized bags is expensive, so instead I got these labels. Online there are a bunch of templates and I picked one out and made my own labels. I think this package of 60 labels was like $4 at walmart. 

Now it was time for to stuff them! I priced things out at Winco and Costco, turns out that Winco was cheaper and I didn't end up with as much excess. My shopping list included: Oreos, peanut butter crackers, granola bars, fruit snacks, gum, starbursts, and water. 

I wrote a cute little note and that was that! 

Of course I forgot to take a picture of them completed, but they were pretty cute if I may say so myself! It also didn't cost nearly as much as I thought. I bet it was under $100 for all 30 of the bags that I made. 

Linking up! 
To Travel and Beyond

4 comments:

  1. Wow you priced those so well! I have to admit mine aren't going to be under $100 lol! I should have consulted with you because these are so cute! Make those pictures bigger sister so everyone can enjoy those pictures more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and you did an awesome job making sure it was all budgeted. Ours were not as cheap but I bought everything over the span of 10 months so it wasn't terrible, but how you did it was a much better way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is such a great idea!! I love the personalized stickers and notes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the personalization!! We don't have many guests traveling from out of state, my Nana and my sister are the only ones. I definitely want to make a welcome bag for each of them. We are getting married in RI so I was thinking of adding some items native to RI. Thanks for the Black Friday shopping tip! I seriously need to make a list of things to be on the look out for this Black Friday!

    ReplyDelete