Sunday, February 1, 2015

Weekending: Superbowl!

Friday night one of my co-workers was having a birthday party so we decided to join in the celebrations. I invited two of my friends from work over to drink before we went. I was in the education program with both of them in college so it's crazy that we all teach at the same high school now. Also, one of them is married to a guy who also was in our ed program and teaches at our school, and who went to middle school with my fiance in a town 300 miles away...it's a small world!


Anyway, we went to a piano bar and it was SO FUN! I was singing, we were laughing, the pianists were not only amazingly talented singers but also comedians and great MCs. I had some delicious overpriced drinks and besides waiting almost an hour for the waitress to bring my card, that was annoying. We got some drunk mexican happy hour afterwards and got home around 1:30. I'm never out that late but it was so much fun to go out and do something different.


Saturday we had a lazy morning and then ran a few errands. I got some fabric and made a baby blanket for one of our friends who had a baby a couple of weeks ago. After an afternoon nap we went out to dinner and bowling with another friend from school. I won 2 out of the 3 games and was feeling pretty good about myself.


Superbowl Sunday started with church and then we went to my mom's for lunch. Even though we weren't staying there for the game she made us some delicious food and we hung out with her and her boyfriend for a few hours.

We headed over to a friends house for the game and a huge superbowl party. Some of our friends from drumline were there and we had a great time...until the last 30 seconds. My heart literally broke when the Pats intercepted the ball. The whole state of Washington is grieving.

Back to school/work tomorrow. It's february, which means it's my birthday month. yee! :)



1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I am so sorry about the Seahawks - I was definitely pulling for them. I LOVE that Beast Mode cake :) Piano bars are seriously my favorite, we went to one of those during my bachelorette party!

    ReplyDelete