Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: The Ceremony

Happy Wednesday, time for another Wedding Wednesday!

As I was planning our wedding I tried to make sure that the ceremony was meaningful, because that is truly the heart of the wedding. We kept ours pretty traditional and I loved it. 


My dad walked me down the aisle and it was such a surreal moment. I tried to take it all in, I remember looking at my family and friends in the seats and also looking at my future husband. What a special moment. 


Our pastor said some great words and one part that stands out was him talking about how from this moment forward we have to always put each other first in our lives...that our partner will come before any job, activity, or other friend. I laughed, thinking of my best friend who I am extremely close with (she jokes I am the third person in her marriage), and turned to look at her and our photographer caught this picture, priceless. 


We wrote our own vows and when C said his he cried the whole time. He could not keep it together. It made me tear up seeing him cry, basically everyone was crying their eyes out...talk about water works. I made it through mine without crying. I think it was just full on 'teacher mode' with public speaking.


We did a memory box that we placed letters in from our family members and each other. We are going to display it in our house and open it in 10 years. I wanted something different and unique so that's when I found this idea. 


I remember feeling so relieved when we finally got to have our first kiss and walk back down the aisle as husband and wife. It was official, we were married! 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful ceremony! What a special idea to write those letters. It will be incredible to open them in ten years! I just saw that you're a teacher. Me too! Glad I found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this!! Such beautiful pictures, and I love the idea of the letters to open in 10 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got teary eyed just reading this! I absolutely love the shot of you turning around to look at your best friend. Your vows sounded incredible, so heartwarming!

    ReplyDelete