Monday, November 30, 2015

Weekending: Black Friday & Holiday Decor!

We had a great holiday weekend! We went to my in-laws for Thanksgiving and had a relaxing day and delicious dinner. Thanksgiving night I went out with my sister in law for some Black Friday shopping and I got everything on my list! I was so happy with all of the great deals that I got and all of the gifts I was able to buy.

Friday was the Apple Cup, our huge rivalry football game. We went to a restaurant to watch it with some of our friends from college who live in my husbands home town. Our quarterback was injured at the last game so our back-up stared and it was ugly. Probably the worst game of the season which totally ruined the day. Such a disappointment. Thank goodness we have a bowl game to look forward to.

Saturday we drove back home and went to my mom's to visit with my brother who is home from grad school, have dinner with the family, and decorate my mom's house for Christmas. Even since we moved out we try to come together to decorate with my mom and keep the tradition alive so I was glad that we were able to again this year. 

Sunday after church we came home and set up our Christmas decorations! We still have a ways to go, but I am most excited about our new nativity.

Linking up with Meghan!

Have a great week! 

3 comments:

  1. That's fun you all still decorate together! What a fun tradtion to keep going!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you got all your Christmas shopping done! I am to chicken to go out on black Friday! lol you are brave!
    www.theduncandiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantel looks sooo pretty! What a great weekend. You must be THRILLED to be done with shopping.

    ReplyDelete