Sunday, July 7, 2013

6th of July Party

My 6th of July Party was a success! I have always wanted to do something fun to celebrate the 4th but didn't want people to have to give up their plans on the actual day so my idea of a '6th of July' party was born. I had some of my friends from college over, my brother had friends from his school, and my mom had some friends from work. it was a good group. but what really matters...the food!

First was this amazing trifle that my mom made. It's red velvet cake layered with vanilla pudding, cool whip, strawberries, and blueberries. YUM. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to throw in a few chocolate chips.
 I saw these strawberries on Pintrest and had to try them out. They didn't all turn out perfectly but they tasted delicious. Cupcakes were an easy and fun dessert that are so simple to decorate. Throw on some blue or red sugar and you're set. The little flags came with the cupcake papers in a pack from the dollar stores! Such a steal. 
The last dessert were these red white and blue rice krispie treats. I wasn't as successful in making these becuase I didn't properly measure out all of the ingredients so they were a little crunchy (not enough marshmallows) but the younger kids that at them still seemed to enjoy them. It was a great time and I was so happy to actually be successful in my fun food creations! 

2 comments:

  1. omg that trifle looks amazing and now I'm starving! I've seen those rice krispies so many times but never pinned them b/c they looked to hard : ) good job! glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They weren't that hard, just require you to be smart and do some correct math when you break up the recipe. I doubled it and then tried to divide in thirds and I messed up the first batch and it was all downhill from there. regardless it was an adventure. :]

      Delete