Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans

I'm linking up with Sami's Shenanigans to talk about my weekend!

I had the pleasure of experience Drum Corps for the first time this weekend. My boyfriend is super involved in it and has been for many, many, years. Music is his passion and seeing him in this environment makes my heart swell. I spent the day helping out wherever they needed me and then we got to go to a performance. For those of you who dont know, Drum Corps is, it's basically professional marching band. These kids (they have to be under 21) practice for weeks and then tour all summer spending most of their time sleeping on busses and gym floors when they aren't outside marching for hours in the summer heat. The shows that they produce are of such high quality. It was a blast to be a part of it, even though it was only a couple days, and to see what it's really like.



On Sunday my family went to the horse races. This is one of my favorite family activities because it is always a lot of fun. We bring a big picnic lunch, get a table, and snack all day in between betting on the races. The last two times that I've gone I have lost all of the money that I gave myself to bet with. This time...I got lucky! I won almost $100 on a $2 bet. For some people that might not be all that exciting, but I was stoked! I never win, and especially not win that big, so it was pretty neat. 

It was a pretty fabulous weekend and start to my summer! 

1 comment:

  1. I never win anything either! that's so exciting!!! congrats...did you shout, "come on big money?" or is that just for gambling or wheel of fortune? : P

    ReplyDelete