Thursday, July 18, 2013

Boston.

My brother and I made a little trip up to Boston for a couple of days and it has been a blast. I haven't been here before and since I am such a history buff it is really cool to see all of the sights. I have picked out some of my favorite pictures to tell a little bit about our journey. 

In Boston we traveled along the Freedom Trail which is genius. They literally have a trail of bricks (or red paint) that you follow the entire way. It's great because then you don't have to have your map out and constantly be checking it. We were able to leisurely walk it and enjoy looking up at all of the architecture surrounding us. I bought those sparkly silver shoes yesterday and I LOVE how they look in the picture. To the right is Paul Revere's grave. We also went in his house and visiting the Old North Church where he hung the lanterns to warn the colonists that 'The British are Coming!" 


Before we got to Boston we stopped at Yale! I am a sucker for visiting colleges (even though I'm already done with college) and exploring their campuses. We didn't spend a lot of time at Yale but we stumbled upon a copy of the Gutenberg Bible (circa 1450) and a dining hall that looks just like the one that Rory eats at in Gilmore Girls. I'm not going to lie, I spent most of my time at Yale trying to picture scenes from Gilmore Girls and I wasn't too successful. I'm not convinced she actually went to Yale. 


In Springfield, Massachusettes there is a Dr. Seuss Memorial Garden and we couldn't resist. They had statues of Horton, Sam I Am, Thing 1 and Thing 2, and the Cat in the Hat. It was cute. 

           

As I mentioned above we love college so of course we went to Harvard. It was absolutely beautiful. I was amazed by the brick buildings and how pretty the entire campus was. We went on a tour so we got to learn about some of the history and that really made the campus come to life. I decided that I definitely liked Harvard more than Yale (the campus was easier to navigate, it was in a better location, their color is crimson...haha jk) but maybe I'm biased since we didn't do a formal tour at Yale. Regardless I'm glad that we visited.

Tomorrow morning we have a little more sightseeing then it's back towards my Dad's for a couple more days before we return home. I don't want to leave, vacation is too much fun.

1 comment: