Sunday, September 8, 2013

Heaven

Today was one of those days at church where it really hit home and made me think. We have been studying the bible from cover to cover for the past 8 months and today was the end, we made it to Revelation. I'm going to highlight some of the things that my pastor said that really shook me.

1. The only thing that we can take to Heaven is other people. Whoa! All of the people who I am surrounded with on Earth are exactly the people who I want to be surrounded by for eternity...but are they all believers? Sadly, no. What do I need to start doing to have an impact on everyone in my life, including getting them to believe, accept the Lord, and end up in heaven with me.

2. Heaven is so great that we can't even compare it to Earth. By making it seem like Earth is a good place to live, we are making heaven smaller. We are meant to be on this Earth to do work for the Lord but it doesn't end there, it is about eternity in heaven. It's hard to accept that we aren't meant to remain on this Earth but we need to remember how amazing heaven is and that we can't even compare it to Earth.

3. Heaven is a place of sweet reunions. When we arrive and go through those pearl gates we will be surrounded by people from all different time periods and all different parts of the world. There are people who we will be able to talk to and learn from, but first we will head straight to the arms of our loved ones who are up there waiting for us. The people who we have been missing for a few days, a few years, or many years, will be there with arms wide open.

The last part made me think about the people in my life who I have lost and if they were believers and are waiting for me. My heart breaks thinking about a certain person in my life who might not be up there but I try to believe that the Lord is merciful and maybe, somehow, he made it and is waiting up there for me.

That's what on my mind this Sunday. Have a great week!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Jessica, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! You need to come on over to my site and grab the details!

    ReplyDelete