Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Midweek Confessions

I'm linking up for one of my favorites, Midweek Confessions with E!

1. I wore new flats on Monday and got blisters on both heels that ripped to expose skin before the end of my first period plan. It was painful. Thank goodness I had band aids in my classroom and they did the trick for the day. I swear there are no shoes comfortable enough for a day at school, don't even ask me how people wear heels.

2. My students crack me up every day. Yesterday I had a kid come up to me and ask me my thoughts on the penny, the penny? I haven't thought about that in years and really I'm indifferent to the topic. He informed me that our economy would be better if we got rid of it because more people would buy things for 95 cents. I'm still pondering that thought...

3. I can't seem to get a single printer in my school to work for me. I travel between the copy room, staff lounge, and library during my plan hoping one of them will cooperate and I am yet to figure it out. I spend so much time walking between places that I don't get much planning done at all && that is probably why I have blisters.

4. I look forward to fridays way too much because I can wear jeans and a spirit shirt. three more dayssss.

5. I feel like this doesn't fit as a confession because it's a positive not a negative but I've made it to the gym 4 times in the past 4 days and it makes me feel really good about myself. They made Zumba free at my gym instead of an added cost and I'm so happy to return to it (I did it about 5 years ago in high school).

Happy Hump Day!

It wouldn't be right to let this day pass without acknowledging the date. I lived in New Jersey for most of my childhood so I grew up visiting the city and seeing the world trade centers as I drove down the road on an almost daily basis. I still can't believe they are gone and what a terrible event that was in our country's history. My prayers are will the families who have had to gone on without precious family members since this event. You are not forgotten.


1 comment:

  1. what age do you teach again!? I just don't agree with the penny topic lol. 2 more days to go girl!

    ReplyDelete