Sunday, September 22, 2013

typical, atypical weekend

This was my first traveling weekend since school starting and I am definitely feeling the effects. My boyfriend and I have been in a long distance relationships for almost a year and a half (since we graduated from college and moved back to our respective homes) and the school year makes it really hard to see each other. We have worked hard to make it work but thankfully he will be moving to my town in a few months. Anyways, this weekend I went and visited him and even though it made for a really long friday, it was worth it.

He teaches drumline for a high school marching band so when I got there on Friday I met him at a football game. I love the energy of high school football games and we had a good time. On Saturday the highlights were going to our favorite restaurant and watching our college dominate in their football game. This morning it was bittersweet knowing that I had to leave, but we got to spend a couple of hours relaxing, watching football, and cuddling on the couch.

It hurts my heart to be apart but I know that it is making us stronger and setting us up for an even better relationship when we are finally together again. We spent four years inseparable while in college so I know what it's like and I know how fabulous it will be. I can't wait for when he moves here and we are back to our normal, every day, relationship. It will be glorious.
I hope you all have a good monday! I am sick so I'm a little nervous for how school will go but I just made jeopardy for my 9th graders and have lots of activities for my juniors. Let's hope they cooperate!



No comments:

Post a Comment