Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Midweek Confesions

Nothing like some confessions to brighten up the middle of the week. I'm linking up with E for some always fabulous Midweek Confessions! These are all school related since school is basically my life. I heard that the first year of teaching is hard but man, it's kicking my butt! Thankfully I have some awesome students and that's what most of these are about. These ones really brighten my days and remind me why I chose this profession. Midweek Confessions...this kids say.

1. Student walks into my class today and loudly proclaimed, "Ms. T... can we PLEASE teach Tyler how to act with his girlfriend. He saw her in the hallway and gave her the most awkward hug like he didn't even know what to do. This really is a life skill, we need to have a lesson on it today." Meanwhile the boy he is talking to tries to make excuses and is clearly embarrassed. Oh, freshman boys.


2. We were talking about when I was in college and how I met my boyfriend. "You were in a band! What was it called? Were you the lead singer?"
...No, I was in the band, like, you know, the marching band? *student laughs* oh...

3. A student asks me about another student who had a crush on me last year. That whole situation was super weird and awkward for me. The kid this year, "I heard you had a boyfriend, are you still in a relationship? Are you ready for it? For the big question?" I walk away embarrassed. Why am I embarrassed about a 15 year old kid asking me about if I'm ready to get married to my boyfriend of 5 years. I think just knowing that they know something so personal about me kinda weirds me out.

4. "Ms. T... what day is it? what day is it?" I say, uh, wednesday? student: "it's hump day!" I want to bust up laughing but I try to pretend that I'm a little more mature that I actually am. If only they knew how much I love that commercial, and that I might have posted about it on my twitter this morning. I seriously can't watch it without cracking up, it's the best commercial in a while.

5. In class today we were talking about the new iOs7 update and this kid was talking about how it is all that is on instagram and facebook today. boy: 'i'm instagram famous you know, look me up, blahblah-insta-name...I have so many followers' immediately a girl goes, 'can i get a shout out?' boy: 'only if you take a picture with me!' ...really kids. instagram famous && you want a shout out? kids these days.


These probably don't sound as funny in writing, but they have brightened my day all week. So thankful for these gems of students. Happy Hump Day! :D

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! Teaching high school is really another world!! That kid from #1...hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your kids sound hilarious! I know its been weeks but I still love that camel too, " it's huuuuuuump day!" and you tell those kids YES I WANT TO MARRY HIM! and don't blush while you say it hahah!

    ReplyDelete