Sunday, September 1, 2013

Dear September...


I'm not going to lie, you have always been one of my favorite months. Since I was a tiny little kindergartener I always looked forward to the first day of school! This year I'm a little more nervous since I'm a teacher instead of being a student, but I like to tell myself that I'm not nervous...I'm just excited. 

This month is going to hold a lot of great things and here are a few of the things I'm looking forward to the most. 

1. Going back to my college for homecoming! I didn't go last year during my student teaching and I am really looking forward to going back this year. I can't wait to see some of my friends and live the college lifestyle for a weekend.

2. State Fair! Our fair is massive, one of the top 10 in the country, and I'm so lucky that it's in my hometown! I will be there with students who are showing their animals for FFA but I still get to enjoy the delicious food and fun of the fair. 

3. Carrie Underwood! My best friend got tickets to the concert for her birthday and she chose me! I love Carrie so I can't wait. I've been listened to all of her music on repeat for a couple weeks now to prepare. Good thing I have almost 3 1/2 hours of it on my iTunes. 

4. All of our TV shows are coming back! I've talked a little bit before about my love for some TV shows and I can't wait for all of the fall premieres. I'm probably most excited for Revenge, Revolution, and Biggest Loser. 

Just writing this makes me excited! I hope you all are looking forward to this month as much as I am. But let's get real, a lot of my month will look like this...


&& I'm okay with it. I'm so blessed to have a passion for education and to have been hired and the most amazing school. Thank you, Lord. 

<3 

1 comment:

  1. I love going to our fair and I missed it this year :( funnel cake and all. You are going to have so much fun at the concert!!!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete