Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Dear September...


Dear September,

You are an exciting month! I am really looking forward to many things that are happening this month and I hope that you live up to all of my expectations.


First and foremost, school is starting! I'm going into my second year of teaching science and agriculture at the high school level and I love it! I can't wait to meet all of my students and start this year on a positive note.



I want to get back into running and I set a goal of 70 miles this month. I've never in my life been a runner but I had a 100 mile sin June challenge that I accomplished so I decided to try that method again. I'm running a 5k at the end of the month and I can't wait to see how much I can improve my then. Please bring good weather for running outside and lots of motivation. :)



I get to go back and visit my college and attend a football game towards the end of the month. College was, by far, the best four years of my life and I love going back to visit. I loved our campus and everything about my school. My brother is attending graduate school there so not only do I get to visit a place I love (and often refer to as the happiest place on earth) but I also get to see my brother. It will be a win win. On top of that I have field passes to a football game, talk about an awesome weekend.



There are some hard dates to get through this months, an anniversary of a death that is still very painful for me and I'm hoping that I can make it through that time without too much pain. I know that grief is an ongoing process and even a few years later the wounds are still not healed. I'm hoping for time to process things and accept that it's okay to be sad but know that I will get through it.



--------------

What are your hopes for September? I hope it's a great month for all!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 100 miles/month is a lot! I've been running for about 2 years, ran a half marathon and now stick to short distance due to a low back injury and sciatica. I'm trying to run a sub 30 minute 5k - good luck!

    ReplyDelete