Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: The End of the Venue Search

After debating over venues for what seemed to be forever (even though it was only a little over a month) we have finally made a decision!

A little background, I was set on a winter wedding. I wanted sparkles, branches, and lots of silver. Well, my fiance is from the other side of our state which means you have to go through mountains which can be treacherous in the winter. He started vocalizing that he didn't want a winter wedding and then when my mom was more on his side about it, I realized that I'm going to lose that vision.

After a few days I accepted it and found the positives in a summer wedding. I'd be way less stressed since I wouldn't be in school, it should *fingers crossed* be sunny, I can spend more time with out of time family, etc. This also meant we could expand out venue hunt. I found this place online and fell in love. When the catering manager e-mailed me back with prices and it wasn't too far out of our price range, I was even more in love. We visited Saturday and I was sold. 

Reception space with draping, chandeliers, a wall of windows, and see those branches on the far wall?! I can get them even in the summer. :D 
 

Reception space below on either the pavement or the grass, lots of options and beautiful backgrounds. 

This is a huge weight off my shoulders but now that the wedding is less than 11 months away I need to get on engagement pictures asap so I can send our save the dates. Regardless I feel so much better knowing that we have a venue and a date, let the planning continue! 

Linking up with Mary! :) 



Wedding Wednesday

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on find a venue! For me it started to feel so real once we had the date and venue picked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finding a venue! That's a huuuuge check mark on the to-do list! And now you'll have an easier time making other decisions, since a lot really revolves around the venue. Good luck with the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That was a huge win for us when we found our venue. It was awesome and I can't wait to see your vision come together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everyone from above. Once the venue is set it makes other decisions easier to make because the venue can set the tone for your theme, how formal you want things, etc. Happy Planning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finding a venue! It looks like it will be a wonderful location! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay how exciting!!! I love the draping - it looks like a lovely space! Totally agree about how everything is easier now that you have the venue. Awww it's such a fun feeling to really start to imagine your day in the space with all of the options. Have fun and happy planning!

    ReplyDelete