Monday, September 1, 2014

Weekending: Labor Day Edition

With Labor Day behind us, it appears that summer really is over. I'm glad I was able to have such a busy weekend and take advantage of the last moments of freedom.

We went to a BBQ at our friend's apartment on Friday night. We were celebrating her getting a job at a physical therapists office (she just graduated from PT school in June). We got lost on the way there and were kinda late but it was nice to enjoy the evening and hang out with friends.

Saturday we went to another friend's house for our fantasy football draft. We spent way too many hours watching college football and then doing our draft. It was my first year and these boys I am playing with are INTENSE! I was definitely intimidated and I'm not sure how well I did but it was fun.


Sunday we went to church and then I went to my friends apartment to make some freezer meals. At first I was just going to hang out with her but I decided to make a few myself as well. I ended up making BBQ Pork, chicken teryaki, and creamy ranch chicken. They all looked good and I'm pretty excited to try them this week! It was only about $30 for 5 meals and it's almost guaranteed we will have leftovers from each. I think it might become a regular activity. 


I went shopping later Sunday afternoon and got some new clothes for school! I have a shopping problem, but at least there were great sales! Two shirts (coral/grey patterned & purple) new dark skinny jeans, grey checked dress slacks, a chambray shirt, and a blue and green patterned maxi dress.



We spent the extra day of the weekend with our friends at the horse track. This is one of our favorite summer activities and it was a blast! My fiance ended up coming out even and I only lost about $15, not too bad for a day of betting. 

Overall, it was an awesome 3 day weekend! 

Weekending

Linking up :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment