Monday, September 22, 2014

Weekending: College Gameday

So I wasn't at the college game day, but I had my own college gameday experience this weekend and it was amazing. I went to Washington State University and absolutely loved every minute of my time there. I'll jsut throw it out there, we kinda suck at football. My freshman year we won 1 game, I think the other 3 we won like a total of four Pac-12 games, it was rough. I was in the marching band so we had to be there, all game, every day. Even though we aren't the best our school has the most unreal school spirit. If you've ever watched college game day you've seen our flag flying proudly, we're going on the 151st consecutive episode next week I believe.



That being said, I am obsessed with the college town and when we get to go back and visit it is so wonderful. It's a small town, all college kids, in the middle of wheat fields with nothing else. We always joke that it's like living in a bubble because its so safe, you don't really know what is going on in the outside world, and everyone looks out for each other.


I drove over with my fiance and 3 friends and we spent most of the weekend together. We had two nights at the bar with the football game in the middle. We help the marching band so we get to go on the field during pre-game and halftime so that's a lot of fun. It was so great to see some of my old friends and be back on campus. My little brother also goes there for grad school now so I got to see him too.

Our team was playing Oregon who was ranked 2 in the nation (we are unranked and far from being ranked) and we gave them a run for their money. The stadium was sold out and it was SO LOUD! It's been a long time since we sold out a game and since they didn't totally blow us out the entire crowd stayed the entire game. I love college football. We didn't win but it was one of the best games I've ever been to.



I'm exhausted and not feeling well after the long drive back home today but it was worth it for such a fun weekend.


Weekending

1 comment:

  1. It's always so great going back to school and reliving those great memories!! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete