Thursday, August 22, 2013

bad hair day.

my mom was off today && she decided that she wanted to get her hair done and she asked if i wanted to get mine done too. free haircut and highlights? of course! i was excited and decided that since i always get typical blonde highlights i wanted to mix it up a little and try an auburn color. i have medium brown hair so i thought doing something dark would be pretty and a good fit for fall. well...it didn't quite turn out that well.

we went to the local beauty school which my mom had been to before so she said it was fine. i also have been to similar types of places so i felt fine about it. then when i sat down i found out that girl that was doing my foil had never done it before, so that was nerve wracking. there were two people who were watching her and giving her tips so i felt a little better about it. but still. if you've never been to a beauty school one of the downsides is that it takes FOREVER. it seriously took almost two hours for her to just get the foils in my hair. my mom came over when they were washing it and she was like wow, thats bright! so that made me nervous. when she finally blow dried it i wanted to cry. it looked terribleeeee. it's so bright and looks like it was dyed, not like they were just highlights. i told her the word 'subtle' like ten times and it's anything but that. with school starting in two weeks i feel like my confidence is totally shot. i know it might just take time to get used to but i'm really not feeling to good about it. i got in my car and seriously had to try not to cry.

alright, that's my hair rant for the day. we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment