Friday, August 23, 2013

five on friday.

Happy Friday! Today I'm choosing to talk about five things that I need for starting my first year of teaching! 12 days until the first day!


1. A school bag! My mom bought me this amazing Coach bag for Christmas last year and I have been waiting all this time to be able to use it! It's HUGE and will definitely fit all of my papers, supplies, lunch, && random other stuff I bring back and forth every day. 

2. My tumbler. Every morning I bring a tumbler filled with crystal light and it's my drink choice of the morning. I don't drink coffee but I like to have something that isn't just plain old water in the mornings. There is always a tumbler on my desk and I am really good and breaking them so I get new ones all the time. My newest one is a pretty starbucks one that was part of a gift that Starbucks gave to all the new teachers at my school. Thanks Starbs! 


3. My planner. I think most of us can relate that if we lost our planners we might lose our minds! During my student teaching I just used a small personal planner and I didn't have a big plan book, I just wrote it all in a notebook, but this year I got a real teacher plan book. I feel like it's still new and beautiful and I'm a little afraid to mess it up but it's about time I started writing in it! I personalized mine with scrapbook paper (it's not the one in the picture) and I really love how it turned out. 

4. Black flats. These are my go to shoe that I end up wearing all the time. I am pretty tall so I feel uncomfortable wearing heels or wedges so I usually stick to flats. I do have some in fun colors like bright red and zebra print but I find that my black ones and the ones that I end up gravitating to the most. Right now I'm struggling between deciding if I should buy expensive ones that will last or if I should just keep buying cheap ones like I normally do. #poorteacherproblems 

5. Cardigans. I am lucky that I already own cardigans in almost every color but that doesn't mean that I'm not always in the market for a few more. :) I always seem to be in classrooms that feel like the arctic and therefore I make sure that I always have a sweater to put on. On those cold winter mornings I love wearing a cardigan and a scarf because I am so cozy and it looks professional! Talk about a win, win! 



Those are my top 5 back to school items! What would be on your list? Happy  Friday! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. 


1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you were a fellow tall blogger : ) I hate going shoe shopping, finding the perfect shoe, and then I notice it's a 4" heel. I don't need to be that tall, but I want those cute shoes. Such a pain.

    Love my tumblers and cardi's too!<3

    ReplyDelete