Wednesday, August 21, 2013

changing my heart.

Sorry for being gone for so long, the month leading up to school has proved to be pure craziness and I'm sure it will only get crazier as the school year approaches. We don't start school until after labor day so I still have a couple weeks before I finally get to meet all of my kiddos. I cannot wait!

I went on a camping trip this weekend and I was sleeping in a tent on my own. I am not a camper by any means and I am also scared of the dark, this meant that it was a pretty scary time. I found myself awake in the middle of the night freaking out because I thought I heard noises outside and instead of just crying or trying to sleep I started praying. I asked the Lord to keep me safe and he calmed my nerves and helped me get back to sleep. I love being able to turn myself over to the Lord and know that he controls my life. He has it all planned out for me and he will keep me safe.

I have been meeting with my small group for a few months now and I am loving the relationships that we are forming. I'm so thankful to have a group that is helping me to grow in my relationship with the Lord as well as providing me with friendships.

I know that I keep saying it but I will have some classroom pictures soon! I want to wait until everything is perfect though I'm sure that will never happen.

Happy Wedesday!

2 comments:

  1. camping scares me but seems so fun at the same time. hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, I would be totally freaked out staying in a tent by myself!! Way to go not totally losing it in there!

    ReplyDelete