Friday, August 2, 2013

FIve on [[a fit]] Friday!

I'm linking up with Darci today for my Five on Friday! I'm trying to eat healthy and get myself in shape at the gym so today I'm going to talk about my five foods that are my keys to eating well. If I was able to stick to eating these five foods then I probably would have a lot easier time losing weight. It's all those other pesky things that sneak ing (ice cream being the worst) that ruin it for me!

1. Apples! There is nothing like a crisp, juicy, apple. For the past couple of years I have eaten an apple almost every single day and I give that credit for why I don't get sick often *knock on wood* and generally am pretty healthy. You've all heard it, an apple a day keeps the doctor away! My personal favorites are Pink Lady and Golden Delicious.

2. Tillamook Light Yogurt. Very Vanilla! I am a weird person when it comes to yogurt and I only will eat vanilla. I don't like the little pieces of fruit in yogurt and I know that they are TINY but they still gross me out and I can't eat them. So I stick to plain old vanilla and it's delicious. I like Tillamook because it's nice and creamy and I think that they don't use aspertame, so that's always a plus. We know I get enough of that from my diet coke. :P

3. Fiber One 80 Calorie cereal...chocolate! This is a great snack for any time of the day. If I need something to satisfy my desire for chocolate this is a great go-to because I can have a whole handful for only 80 calories! I do sometimes have it with milk and then you end up with yummy chocolate milk. It's not super filling so I usually need something else with it for breakfast but it's still good.
4. Baby Carrots. Let's be honest, I don't actually like carrots. I make myself eat them because I know they have little calories and I feel like they have to be good for me...right? They have the convenience of being small and easy to eat pretty much anywhere. I heard on biggest loser once that if you aren't hungry enough to eat your vegetables then you aren't actually hungry, for me carrots are always the test for that. I save them for after school when I'm starving && then I actually eat them.
5. Luna Bars. These aren't the best and usually if I am counting calories I don't eat them as much just because they have more calories and not a lot of protein. When I'm serious I will stick to 'pure protein' bars but if I want something that tastes a little better then Luna Bars it is! I personally love the Nutz Over Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cookie. Chocolate caramel brownie is also a winner.
That's my fun down on my five favorite healthy foods. What are your go to healthy snacks? I'd love to hear some suggestions! -J

1 comment:

  1. I am always up for suggestions on foods too snack on that will satisfy my sweet tooth! Fiber one chocolate, here I come!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete