Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fall

This weekend we had a streak of two sunny days in the 70s and this was amazing after a stretch of record breaking rain in my area. I'm not sure if it was the weather or the fact that I had a lot of time to myself but this weekend was a really good one.

On Friday we had a silent auction to raise money for my students and their trip to Nationals. I was basically in charge of it so it was pretty stressful but the night was such a success. All of the people who attended were so generous and it was a really fun event. We made a lot of money for the kids and that makes me so happy.

Since I got my first paycheck this week I told my mom that I wanted to go shopping, so we did! I didn't spend too much but got some more school clothes, including a scarf and dress that I am super excited about. I still need to find some good new boots but those are always a struggle for me. I need to splurge and by expensive ones that will last but I am so cheap! it's a serious issue.

Today I spent most of the day at church, serving, attending service, then at a leaders meeting for kids ministry but in the afternoon I went to a pumpkin patch and corn maze which was a blast. The sunny weather was perfect and the group I was with was a lot of fun.

This evening I even had time to catch up on some quality reality tv that I had on my dvr and relax. It's so nice to have a little time to myself. This week is going to be a lot less busy (I hope) and I get to see my boyfriend this weekend. It should be a good week!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment