Tuesday, October 22, 2013

life is short.

I hate coming back just for a sad post, but today is a sad day. I came home after school and one of my friends from college facebooked me and asked, did you hear about Becca? Now I don't know about you, but whenever I hear a question like that you can assume that it wasn't good. Well...it wasn't.

Becca was killed in a car accident this morning. Nobody expected it, her facebook statues from a couple hours earlier talked about how tired she was but how much she loved her job and that it made it worth going to work. It breaks my heart.

More than anything I hurt for her family and her friends. She was so young, just graduated from college and so excited for her new job. I know that she had great plans for her life and now it was all cut short. I can't imagine the pain that they are going through but I know they need all of the prayers they can get.

It makes me think about my life. I'm only 23. I'm looking forward to getting engaged, married, getting my masters, having children, and accomplishing things in my career. We make all of these plans but we never know the ultimate plan, how long we will be on these earth. If today was my last day, did I live it happily? Today the answer would probably be no. I struggled with kids being on task, I was stressed about school, I was upset at my boyfriend for not texting me back...all of this while a mother was crying for her daughter, a best friend was grieving for her partner in crime. This is a terrible wake up call, but that is exactly what it is. I need to chose to be thankful. I used to be good at it and then school and stress got in the way. There is so much to be thankful for each and every day, look for it, thank God for it.

1 comment:

  1. This is so sad. I will be praying for Becca's friends and family. :(

    ReplyDelete