Monday, October 28, 2013

Nationals Bound!

Tomorrow I am taking 11 students across the country to a National Convention for a club that I am an advisor for. I am thrilled and excited, only a tad bit nervous. Thankfully these are all really great kids and we also have another teacher and a couple of chaperones going, but I am the organized one who is running a lot of the activities. I can't help but think about how just 5 years ago I was making this trip, but as a student. Sometimes I have a hard time believing how far I have come. Teaching has been my dream for so long, taking kids to this convention was a life goal that I set for myself when I was a student attending the convention. I never could have imagined that my first year of teaching I was already accomplishing it. I am blessed, God is good.

Things I'm hoping for:
-That there are no airport issues or freak outs about airplanes/flying
-That we get safely to our hotel tomorrow evening
-That we don't get lost downtown, or lose any kids downtown...or lose any kids anywhere
-That we have at least one student get into the top 3 in the Nation
-That the kids have the time of their life and leave feeling inspired and more motivated to be involved in this organization

I'll be back to report on those hopes on Saturday, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment