Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Dear October...

You are my first full month of school and I hope that you are kind to me. Please help my kids to not be totally hyped up on sugar or totally zombies from lack of sleep as we move into the year. This is the time that 'fall' really hits and I'm excited to see the leaves change color but not excited to see our days dwindle down to nothing. Clearly I'm conflicted on how I feel but here are some of the things I'm looking forward to this month.



1. FFA National Convention! Even though it is only my first year teaching I get to go on a trip to Louisville, KY with 11 of my students who qualified for Nationals! I am absolutely thrilled! Since I student taught and helped many of them last year I don't feel bad about the school paying a ridiculously high amount of money to send me. I went to Nationals as a student and I can't wait to see my students experience it.

2. Homecoming...high school style! My school has homecoming this month and I'm excited for all of the hoo-rah that accompanies it. I love participating in Spirit Weeks and being silly with my kids. It also will be the first home football game I can go to, FINALLY! It will be a fun week.

3. Marching Band Competitions. My boyfriend teaches drumline for a couple of high schools and October means marching band competition season, which means he will be traveling closer to me more often and I get to see him almost every other weekend. :]

4. Fall clothes! I am wearing my first outfit of leggings and a sweater dress today and I love it. So comfortable yet it looks like it's actually cute. I also have been wearing quite a few scarves and my boots with skinny jeans. All of these are total wins. Now I just want to go buy some new boots!

5. Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch adventures! I am going to go to the corn maze this weekend with some of my friends and I haven't done that since high school. Nothing says October like a pumpkin patch and corn maze!

I hope you all have some equally wonderful things to look forward to this month!

3 comments:

  1. Yay October!! It's not quite cool enough for leggings and sweater dresses here yet but I can't WAIT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it will be a fun October :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything sounds great! Things seem to be going great for you and how exciting about the conference! Love the pumpkin patch : ) have fun!

    ReplyDelete