Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pray for Pilchuck.

Yesterday there was a school shooting about an hour from where I teach. I sat in my classroom reading the reports and got goosebumps. Hearing what those students witnessed, how terrified they must have been, it shook me. I looked out onto my students who were working on group projects and being goofy because it was Friday. How can a child get to upset, hurt, angry, that they think killing others is the only options? We will never know what was going on inside that child's head, but it is so incredibly sad. Not only did he take his own life, but the lives of at least one other person, with others still fighting for theirs.

My heart aches. It aches that we see this much violence. It aches for the students who witnessed it, the ones who lost friends, the teachers who have to keep it together and be there for the students. It aches that I have to be scared of this happening sometime during my teaching career.

It is a sad day.



#prayforpilchuck

1 comment:

  1. It is so sad that we have to deal with this fear. I am so sorry and I am thinking of you, sweet friend. xo

    ReplyDelete