Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: On the hunt for the perfect dress

I'd like to start off by thanking you all for such great feedback and ideas about how to spoil my bridesmaids. I have been looking at gifts online and can't wait to finally start purchasing some things. I definitely want to spoil them as much as I can, especially since they will be helping me so much. 

This week I want to talk about my dress. I still don't own it yet, but I'm trying to find one and it's been a struggle. 

We (my mom and I) went to David's Bridal two weeks ago because I figured it was a great place to start. I tried on like 10 and definitely had one that I really liked and a lot that I didn't. I didn't want to commit the first time I tried on dresses but I felt pretty good about the experience and had one that I knew if I did buy I would be happy with it. 


I had an appointment at a smaller boutique in my own on Friday and my MOH joined me and my mom for this trip. At this store most of the dresses were a lot bigger than my size so it was harder to get an idea of what they would look like on me. The one that I really liked my mom didn't like, and then one that my mom and MOH liked I liked, but wasn't in love with. My mom also couldn't stop comparing everything to the dress at David's Bridal and that kinda drove me nuts.



My third appointment was on Monday and ...

This is what happens when I write posts early, I wrote this all Sunday night. My mom and I went shopping on Monday night and guess what...I SAID YES TO THE DRESS!


We went to a third store and there was one that was completely different like I kinda liked, it had an illusion back with a ton of beading, a lace top and chiffon bottom. It was so different from the ballgown I liked that it was hard to commit. We went to dinner and then my mom said, lets just stop at davids bridal to look at your bridesmaid dress colors. Well then of course I had to put back on the dress I liked and the consultant was like, you know if you come back to visit a dress it probably means it's the one? I wore it for like 20 minutes then finally rung the bell and made a wish for my wedding, and it's mine! :D 


Did you guys have that moment where you just knew it was your dress? Anyone try to think it wasn't the one but it ended up being your first choice?

Linking up Lisa Nicole && Kristyn

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on finding the dress! I knew when I put on "the one" that it was definitely the one. There wasn't any crying (on my part), but I am so happy I found the right one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to respond to your comment Ashleigh, I didn't cry either and the Davids Bridal lady looked shocked that I didn't cry!

      Delete
    2. I didn't cry either, I couldn't imagine crying in the middle of a store with a bunch of strangers. Did they make you guys ring the wedding bell too?

      Delete
  2. Yay!! I am so happy for you, that is a huge thing to cross off your list! I'm glad you didn't settle, you deserve to get your dream dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like it and I can't wait to show it off. :)

      Delete
  3. Yay how exciting!!! I went back to try on a dress and knew it was the one! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like since it was the one I keep remembering I knew it had to the be one. I'm so happy that now it's mine!

      Delete
  4. It's so exciting that you bought your dress! YAH! I didn't cry either, when I picked my dress. But I dreamed about it multiple times before purchasing, so I knew that I needed to buy it. I can't wait to see what it looks like on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting you got your dress! I had a similar situation. I kept expecting to have this big moment when I was trying on dresses. There was one that I really liked, but I kept second guessing my decision. I had a few more appointments lined up, so I went to those, and just kept thinking of that one dress. I went back a week later, tried it on, and immediatly decided it was the one. I think if you leave and continue to think about it for at least a week or more, then it's got to be the one. Congrats and can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete