Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A look back at 2014.

It was so much fun looking back at the past year and all of the fun things that happened. It really was such a fun year. A lot of things in life stayed the same, friendships, my job, where I lived, but I also feel like I grew up a lot this year and obviously the biggest event of my life so far...I got engaged! Here's a look back at 2014.

January
I think this was the most uneventful month of the year. We were still getting settled in our apartment and I was really successful at my new years resolution of working out and eating healthy...at least that's what my photostream shows me.


February
We celebrated my birthday with a small gathering and C bought me an ice cream cake. :) 

March
My cousin got married and he was the first of the cousins to get married so I flew out to New Jersey for the wedding. It was a beautiful wedding and so much fun to see all of my family who I only see once a year at the most. 

April
We went to Vegas for my best friend's bachelorette party. It was my first trip to Vegas and it was a lot of fun. I definitely want to go back because I felt like there was so much more I wanted to do. 

May
Mobile Food Rodeo! We went to a festival with over 50 different food trucks and ate our way through the day. It was also a reunion of my college roommates and our first time seeing being together in almost two years since one moved away to Hawaii! 

Two of my students were invited to participate in the White House Science fair. I got to chaperone them and show them my favorite places in the city. This was a moment where I really felt like an adult; flying two students across the country is a little scary for a first year teacher but it was an awesome experience. 

June
I finished up my first year of teaching and got to see my little brother graduate from college! 

July
We went on a vacation to Hawaii with my mom, her boyfriend, my brother, and my fiance. We went snorkeling, to a luau, hiking, and enjoyed watching the sunset every night.  It was 10 days in paradise.

I was hoping for a proposal in Hawaii and it didn't happen. It didn't take long though, two weeks after we got home, he was down on one knee. 

August
My best friend got married and I was her maid of honor! She looked absolutely gorgeous and it was such a fun day! 
Brought C to his first Major League Baseball game with a group of friends for Coug day at the Mariner's. 

September
We took our engagement pictures this month and wedding planning was in full swing. I also started my second year of teaching! 

October
I took 18 students to the National FFA Convention (along with another teacher and chaperones) and the team that I coach won Nationals! This was a life goal, and I accomplished it in my first year, with my first team. It was amazing. 

November
We had a great Thanksgiving with C's family and then headed over to our small college town for Apple Cup! We enjoyed the football game and tailgating all weekend with some of our best friends. 

 December
 I tried really had to start some Christmas traditions this month. We decorated our apartment together, went to see Scrooge, and enjoyed Christmas with my family. It was a great Christmas season. 


2015 is the year that I turning 25, finishing my second year of teaching, earning my Masters degree, and getting married. It's going to be a big year and I am so excited for all of it.


Bella And The City

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I got engaged in July as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Great recap! I forgot to tell you that I am SO jealous you teach Ag. My students don't even know. That's their worst unit in Human Geography, but it's one of my favorites! Cheers to 2015! Can't wait to follow along! xoxo

    ReplyDelete