Sunday, December 21, 2014

Weekending: WINTER BREAK!

We made it! Congratulations to all of my fellow teachers, two weeks of freedom! 


Friday Night
We met up with some friends and tried this new BBQ place in our town, Dickey's. It is a casual restaurant and was really good. I had chicken with mac & cheese and waffle fries...talk about carbs. They also had free ice cream. It definitely isn't a healthy restaurant but it is delicious! 


We came home and put on our PJs and watched tv. It was so nice to relax knowing that I have two weeks of relaxation ahead of me. 


Saturday 
We went shopping on Saturday morning and I think I can officially say that I am done! I love shopping so knowing me I will still shop a little bit more but I'm trying to make the money I have last until the end of the month so we'll see if I can restrain myself. I really love giving gifts (it's totally my love language) so it's hard not to buy things. 

Saturday night we went to a play at a local church, Scrooge. It was SO GOOD. I have seen it before when I was younger but I haven't been in probably 8 years or so. There was plenty that I didn't remember and my fiance loved it. I told him we are starting a tradition of going to a Christmas play each year so this was the first one. 


Sunday
Church is so magical in December. There were a ton of people there and I love the songs that we sing. It was a great service. Afterwards we went to my mom's to hang out for a little bit and then came home to finish wrapping all of our presents. We will be taking them all to my moms for Chirstmas but we have them under our tree at our apartment right now and I love looking at them all.

In the afternoon we went to our family friends house to have Chirstmas wiht them. They have 12 kids, yes, 12 of them, but they are the most well behaved sweetest kids I've ever been around. My mom started buying them gifts three christmases ago and it has gotten bigger every year. Seeing their joy when they open presents is the best. We also had a huge meal and sang lots of Christmas carols. It was such a magical time. 

The best part about today is that there is no dreading of school tomorrow! I love my job, but Mondays are always hard, so I'm excited that tomorrow is filled with hanging out with my best friend doing some wedding planning. :) 

Linking up with Meghan!


1 comment:

  1. What a great weekend!!! We have these big yellow cups from Dickey's in our apartment that (I think) my husband got from one of the restaurants, but I've yet to go there!! I love anything related to A Christmas Carol, so that play sounds awesome. Happy winter break!!

    ReplyDelete