Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Halfway there!

One of the things that I am most proud of this fall is how much work I have completed on my Masters degree.

I've always known that I would earn my masters, as a teacher it's practically a requirement. I looked into several online programs and chose Western Governors University because it made the most sense to me. I could work at my own pace, do as many classes as I wanted in a term, and it was a very reasonable price.

I started in July and I am already over 50% of the way towards my masters. I've decided to take December off to enjoy Christmas and all of the fun surrounding it but I'm so motivated to get right back on track in January.



My degree is in Curriculum and Instruction and it's totally opened my eyes about what I am doing in the classroom. I truly feel like I'm thinking more about what I'm doing and how it is impacting my students. I want to always be doing things that will help them to be their best so it's great to be working towards a degree that I can apple in my classroom every day.

My goal is to be finished before June 30th so that I don't have to do another term (and pay another term's tuition). It is a lofty goal and it will take me really focusing but I keep reminding myself that once I'm done, I'm done forever...and that is pretty awesome.

I keep telling myself it will be pretty crazy to have so much free time next year, what will I do after this summer when I don't have grad school or a wedding to plan? I guess I'll need a new hobby!

If anyone out there is looking for a Masters degree, or even an undergraduate degree, I can't recommend WGU enough.

*I'm not paid or given anything to write this, I just wanted to share my experience and how happy I am with my program 

No comments:

Post a Comment