Friday, December 26, 2014

Weekend && Christmas Recap

I'm sitting here in my living room looking at a mess of gifts that we brought home yesterday and it's impossible not to smile and also feel completely overwhelmed. My mom goes crazy with gift giving, I think it's her love language, and I love her for it because it's mine too. Here's a glimpse into what our holiday looked like.

Christmas Eve
We went over to my aunt's for a small dinner with just my immediate family, aunt, and grandad. We had some delicious pork and hung out for a little bit. After that we went to church which is always my favorite part of the night. Almost all of our small group was there, plus some of my moms friends and a few people I knew from work. It is so nice to feel so familiar and at home at church, which I really do. We had a wonderful candle light service and it was so special. I felt so connected to Jesus at that moment which is exactly what I wanted.


After church C and I went back to my moms and watched Elf with my mom, her boyfriend, and my little brother. It was so nice to just be at home, relaxing, and watching movies. We stayed at my moms that night so that we were ready for Christmas morning!



Christmas
We always have a huge traditional breakfast at my Grandad's house where it is the boys job to cook for the girls. We were over at 8am for C to do his job, and we ate at exactly 8:30. It's one of those things that has never changed in my life and I love it. We eat a ton of food because then we don't eat again until dinner.



We opened presents from my Grandad and Aunt at his house and that lasted a couple of hours. There is a lot of laughing and chatting in between and we open one at a time so that we can all watch each other.

We headed back to my moms house (they live a block away) and waited for my Grandad and Aunt to join us for present opening round 2. Like I mentioned, my mom goes a little crazy. We started opening presents at 12:45 ish, had to break for an AMAZING dinner around 3, and then got back to it and didn't finished until after 5. Talk about a marathon.


This is everything that I received an C has a pile equally as large. I am most excited for my nativity and am considering putting it up for a couple of days just so I can look at how beautiful it is.  I also got a ton of work shirts which I am excited for becuase I have been so tired of my clothes. My mom got me a few things for the wedding, those cocktail napkins, an engraved cake set, and the silver present is our card box. My mom's boyfriend got us a luggage set which didn't make the picture, which we can use for our honeymoon.

We almost couldn't fit it all in C's car it was that much. Their generosity was overwhelming. It was such a fun and perfect day with my family. My job today is to find homes for all of these wonderful gifts and then head back to my Grandad's for our final Christmas meal, Boxing Day dinner.

Saturday
We had one of those days where you literally don't leave the house. We had a lot of cleaning to do and organizing so we put away all of the gifts and cleaned our apartment. Then C and I spent a lot of time relaxing on the couch and enjoying the time off.

Sunday
The day started with church and grocery shopping, then we went and signed up for the gym! I've been needing to and I am really excited to get back in shape. I have 7 months until wedding day so it's time to get serious. I'm going to zumba this morning. :)



We watched the Seahawks game at my mom's with my brother and then had a lazy night at home. It was a perfect, relaxing weekend!



Linking up with the ladies below. :)


Showered With Design

No comments:

Post a Comment