Monday, December 15, 2014

Weekending: Is it break yet?

I was waiting for badly for this weekend. I'm not sure if it is just the time of year or if this year is exceptionally exhausting but I find myself every week just barely holding on until the weekend. I'm so glad that this is the last week of school until winter break and I'm really hoping I can recharge that week.

Friday Night
We had our staff holiday party Friday night and I wasn't sure if I wanted to go because C was out of town for the weekend. Another teacher who is single told me that she was having some girls over for some wine before the party so I joined them and we all went together to the party. It was nice having people to walk in with and hang out with, a little bit of a safety net. This is my second year at the school and I've made connections with some people but was afraid it might be awkward and it totally wasn't. We had a blast singing and dancing, I can't wait until next year and for C to be able to come with!

Saturday
It was baking day at my mom's house on Saturday. We invited some of our family friends over (a mom and her 4 teenage daughters) and we baked for almost 5 hours. We ended up with all of our favorite cookies and I will be happy to have a treat in my lunch each day this week!



In the afternoon I went shopping for some gifts for kids I took from the Giving Tree at school. I am working on trusting God in all areas, including my finances. I spent more money than I should have, but as I was leaving the mall I was thanking God for providing for me so well that I can now provide for other people. It is an amazing feeling.


I came home and put on the fire && tv and started wrapping all of the presents I bought. My brother came to drop something off and we sat and chatted for a while. It's so great to catch up with family. I did some cleaning and got all of my school stuff ready for Monday so that I could just relax Sunday night.

Sunday
I love that we are singing Christmas carols in church. It's just another thing I love about this time of the year.



My grandad and I had our annual Christmas shopping date Sunday afternoon. I always take him out and help him pick our presents for people. It is such a special time, I'm so thankful for him.

Linking up with Meghan!

2 comments:

  1. Your baking day sounds so fun!!! My problem is that I'd only have cookies for one day...and then they would all be gone...and I'd be left with nothing but self-loathing...ha. :) But seriously- what a fun time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRLLLL, I'm with you. This week is the SLOWEST week imaginable. How long do you get off for break? Your cookies are beautiful! Glad you had a great time at your party. We don't have one at our school. :) xo

    ReplyDelete