Monday, June 17, 2013

an open door.

Today in my Bible reading I was in the book of Esther. I was eager to begin this book because I know that there are a lot of great devotional that go along with it so I figured that it must be a good one! I simply read the scripture myself and didn't use a devotional, but I look forward to revisiting it and diving into it deeper in the future.

After my reading I thought about some of the messages that I got from the scripture and the one that stuck out at me the most was how thankful I am that God always allows us to speak to him. Unlike the King who doesn't allow visitors, he is always welcoming us and our problems. No matter what is going on in my life I know that I can turn to the Lord for guidance. He is willing to take some of my burden so that I do not have to carry it alone. Esther was brave and she was willing to face her king for her people, despite the chances of her being punished for her actions. While we can all learn something from her bravery and dedication to her people, I am thankful that we have a King who is always approaching and begging to be in our lives. What a wonderful King.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment