Monday, June 10, 2013

I am blessed.

I am not lucky, I am blessed.

Last night when I was skimming through my Pintrest to find graphics to make a new background on my computer I came across this one, and it really spoke to me. I hear so many people who make comments like, man, you are so lucky! I used to think, sure, i am lucky, but a while ago I started actually thinking about it. When I was thinking about it I realized that no, I'm blessed. God has chosen some great things for me and he is following out His plan for my life. While I am lucky, I also think that I work hard to deserve the things that I earn. I also thank God daily for all of the gifts that he has given me. It is hard for some people to understand this concept but I think that having a strong faith means sometimes that you don't believe in luck, because luck isn't what makes things happen, God is. In the past I haven't been one to completely fall and follow the Lord but that is the person who I am becoming I am loving every minute of the journey.

Reasons I am blessed:

  • I have a wonderful family who loves me and supports me. Especially my mom who allowed me to move back home after college and lets me live here for free. She feeds me and we do fun things together and she never complains about me being back at home. 
  • I have the best friends. I know who I can call whenever I need someone and even though I am 100-300 miles away from almost all of my close friends, we keep in touch and feel closer than ever. 
  • I live in a beautiful house, in a safe neighborhood, in a great town.
  • I have a steady income with the ability to not have to worry if I want to go out to dinner with friends or shopping one afternoon. I have freedom to do what I please (within reason) and do not have to worry about my finances. 
  • I have traveled to many places all around the world that some people only dream of. I have seen things in real life that some people have only seen in movies. I have a strong desire to travel more but I am blessed to have been to many of the places I have been.
  • I have a passion for education which will provide me with a career for the rest of my life. 
  • I am healthy and happy. 
There are so many reasons to be blessed, take a couple minutes today and think about your blessings. 

-J

1 comment: