Thursday, June 6, 2013

Sweet Baby Angels

Tonight I went to the graduation for the high school that I student taught at. My friend, who also student taught at the same school at the same time, went with me and she affectionately refers to her former students as her sweet baby angels and I think it's the cutest thing. Even though these students are only 5 years younger than us they still seem like babies. It blows my mind that I only worked with them for 4 months and then saw them off and on for another 5 and they have had such an impact on my life. I'm not sure if it is just because they are my first classes but I really enjoyed these students and being a part of their daily life.

One of the things that I know I will love about teaching is the connections that I will form with students and I think this year has shown me a little bit of that. It's all about showing that you care, but still showing that you are the teacher and that they need to respect you. For me, this year, the kids loved that combination and even though some said that i was 'strict' they all told me that they enjoyed my class. I couldn't ask for more than that and I hope that I am blessed with students like this every year. 

Tomorrow I have a job interview for a full time teaching position. I'm super excited and actually not that nervous. I'll be getting to the studying in a bit, gotta brush up on my interview questions. 

3 comments: