Friday, November 21, 2014

five on friday: thanksgiving edition

Since it's Thanksgiving next week (can anyone believe that?) I thought I would spend this Friday talking about what I'm thankful for.

[1] my fiance


He has been with me through the ups and downs. After being together for almost 6 years we have a pretty good read on each other and I love how sweet he is and his big heart. He is passionate about

[2] my job



Even though teaching can be so incredibly exhausting, frustrating, and thankless, I still love going to work every day. I love the conversations that I have with my students and seeing them grow up throughout the year. They never fail to put a smile on my face and there is definitely never a boring moment.

[3] Jesus



I am so thankful for the grace and mercy that we have because of him and his life. I'm also thankful for the freedom in our country to be able to proclaim our religion and worship freely. This song is so perfect and has been played a lot on youtube by me this week.

[4] my health

I am guilty of taking this for granted and this week has been many wake up calls for me and I am so thankful to be blessed with good health. One of my friends who is younger than me (22) was diagnosed with breast cancer. One of my high school teachers passed away from cancer on monday. My fiance's mom was admitted to the hospital with blood clots that could have been deadly. Whoa. That's a lot to handle and I just thank God for my health and realize that I need to take care of myself.

[5] my family

I spent a lot of time with my mom this weekend and it is always a lot of fun. Our relationship has gotten so much better as I've grown up and I'm so thankful for that. I also have been in touch with some of my cousins on the east coast as I've been planning wedding stuff and I am so glad that i have them. Even though we are separated by 3000 miles I know we will always have a bond and I hope to cherish that even as I grow up and have my own family.



Happy Friday! I'm Linking up with this group of ladies!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. So genuine and full of gratitude! When is your wedding date, are you planning it local or back near your family?! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete