Sunday, November 2, 2014

National Champions.

I've been gone for a week because I was with my students at the National FFA Convention. We had 15 students who were competing in the National Agriscience Fair with their research projects based in various areas of agriculture. We also had a team of four students who were competing in Environmental and Natural Resources. I was the coach of that team and they are really special to me. We've worked so hard had put many hours into winning the state contest. That gave us the opportunity to represent Washington at Nationals and they came here and blew everyone else out of the water. This team made up of all students who qualified in their sophomore year of high school, competing against seniors and fist year college students came out on top.

The joy on their faces when they were announced as winners was priceless. I cried tears of happiness. They fought through exhaustion, stress, near freezing temperatures, and they won. I could not have been more proud.

The memories that these students made during this convention will last a lifetime. This is only my second year of teaching and I just coached a team that won Nationals. Some people say that this means all of the future years will just be disappointing but I see it as a chance to instill that drive in all of my students. I believed in these kids and look what they did. If I keep believing in my kids, who knows what the future holds.


No comments:

Post a Comment